One of your best health tools could be something you may already have: Your cell phone.
If you have diabetes, you can use this device to your advantage by downloading (and using) a diabetes management app. The key is finding the right app that addresses concerns and makes managing your diabetes easier.
Whether you have type 1, type 2, or gestational diabetes, understanding how food, physical activity, and your blood sugar levels interact is critical for managing your condition. If your concern is carb counts, insulin doses, A1C, glucose, glycemic index, blood pressure, or weight management, there’s an app for almost all these concerns and more.
Some apps offer the convenience of allowing you to share your health data with your medical team so that your doctors can help you make changes to your treatment regimen.
We selected the best diabetes apps of 2022 based on:
- what you may need them for
- user feedback
- how easily they can integrate into your overall health plan
From more comprehensive diabetes management tools to providing help for the newly diagnosed to specific carb counters, here are our best diabetes apps for 2022. Happy downloading!
A simple search for “diabetes apps” reveals hundreds of diabetes apps. But your priority is managing your life with diabetes, not weeding through the internet to find the best app. So we did the groundwork for you.
When evaluating a diabetes app, it’s best to look for:
- An app that addresses most of the diabetes management criteria you’re looking for. This could include health information, recipes, carb counting, tracking your blood glucose levels, or just keeping your medical information organized.
- An app that developers update regularly. This will help to “get the bugs out” so you won’t have the dreaded app crashes and slowdowns.
- User-friendly features. Entering lots and