Every now and then, we all misplace our TV remotes. If you are in the same boat or don’t feel like finding the remote, you can use your smartphone to control your smartTV. With just a few taps on your phone’s screen, you can regain control of your TV viewing experience without having to search for that elusive remote. Here’s how to set up the Google TV app and use your iPhone or Android device to control your Android-powered TV.
1. To use your phone as a TV remote, open Google Play Store or Apple App Store and install the ‘Google TV’ app.
2. Make sure the TV you want to connect is turned on and the phone and TV are on the same Wi-Fi network or have Bluetooth turned on.
3. Now, you need to connect the Google TV app to your TV. To do so, press the ‘Connect TV’ button on the bottom right of the screen.
4. Select your TV and enter the code that appears on your TV screen. Click on the ‘Pair’ button to complete the process.
5. The ‘Connect TV’ will now appear as ‘TV Remote’ button. Clicking on it will open a new screen replicating the TV remote.
Here you can easily control the device volume, trigger Google Assistant, go back or home and surf channels. The paired TV can also be controlled from the Google Home app or by adding a quick settings tile.